Java TL1 Messaging Interface
Overview | Features | Related Products Usage Scenarios
The DynamicTL1® Java TL1 Messaging API is the foundation of the DynamicTL1® Product Suite. It provides the TL1 metadata interface, message handler (parser, formatter,dispatcher) as well as the transport layer communications entities required for TL1 communications.
At the core of the messaging API is the Java TL1 metadata engine which provides consistent, programmatic access to an applications's TL1 message definitions. DynamicTL1's metadata can be built from any source that follows a telecordia GR-833 style document format. The TL1 metadata is then used to enable simplified TL1 Java application development as well as drive TL1 Java code generation and the TL1 agent simulator.
Successful TL1 application development is achieved through the use of DynamicTL1's layered Java API set. At the very bottom is the TL1 Messaging and Framework APIs that provide access to communications entities and message objects. From this level, it is possible to assemble and disassemble TL1 messages through positional and named access or code generation. All these functions of the toolkit are driven from the TL1 metadata and therefore benefit from the separation of the message definitions from the management logic while also providing consistency across multiple applications sharing the same message set.
The DynamicTL1® Java TL1 Messaging API is the common base framework used by both the Java TL1 Manager API and Java TL1 Agent API. Some of the differnet features of this API are detailed in the sections below.
DynamicTL1® General Features
The core API provides a developer-friendly and highly functional interface for the rapid development of high-quality TL1 applications. Some of the aspects of all of the APIs are as follows:
- Strongly-typed APIs (for understandability)
- High-reliability carrier-grade components
- High-performance, optimized message processing
- High-level classes with flexible interfaces
DynamicTL1® Metadata Engine Features
The DynamicTL1 metadata engine provides runtime access to the applications TL1 message definitions. This allows an application to load and use multiple TL1 command sets simultaneously at runtime for the purposes of outgoing message formatting, incoming message validation and symbolic parameter access. With the DynamicTL1 message engine, there is no need to worry about command formatting and validation, it does all the work for you. Here are some of the primary features:
- Metadata built from GR-833 style documents
- Metadata compiler/generator
- Simultaneous support for multiple devices (TL1 command-sets)
- Provides metadata generation and message syntax verification
- Programmatic access to TL1 message definitions
- TL1 parameter format support (pattern/enumeration/range)
- Runtime TL1 command format validation
- Error code to text mapping
- HTML TL1 document generation
DynamicTL1® Messaging Engine Features
The DynamicTL1 messaging engine performs generic formatting and parsing of TL1 messages. The messaging may be used with DynamicTL1 metadata in order to provide generic access to and formatting of TL1 command and response parameters. Here are some of the primary features:
- High performance generic message handling
- Full support for all TL1 messaging formats
- Positional parameter access by name or position
- Extensible, transport-independent communications interface
- Metadata-based command validation (format/value verification)
Related DynamicTL1® Products
The Java TL1 Messaging API is used by the following APIs:
and included in the following Monfox products: